This Apprenticeship Program, at Pens & Needles Custom Tattoo Company, fulfills the state requirements for artists persons seeking a career in body art. The course consist of The Blood Borne Pathogens Course (provided by the El Paso County Health Department), and 6 hours of First Aid and CPR training education (provided by The American Red Cross). There are 6 lessons to our apprenticeship course which also includes:
- REGULATIONS OF THE EL PASO COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT.
- SAFETY, SANITATION AND STERILIZATION
- THE SKIN, DISORDERS AND DISEASES
- MACHINE, NEEDLES AND EQUIPMENT
- DESIGN, COLOR THEORY AND AFTERCARE
- CLIENT SERVICES AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS
The practical learning includes observation of tattoo artists and business operations, hands on learning with second skin and finally supervised procedures on human skin. The program is offered on a full or part time basis until completion.